Friday, February 27, 2009

my trip home resulted in one delayed bag---and when I opened it Tuesday, I realized my favorite black jeans and the belt I wear with them were missing. My first thought was that I'd left them in the hotel room, so I called and left a message with housekeeping. And found something else to wear for what turned out to be a very long day. (I had a guest in the afternoon, and was going to his show in the evening)
Stayed home sick on Wednesday---due in part to my froggy voice, as well as the fact i didn't make it home til 4.
Called back Thursday, still no response. Called this morning and they finally tracked down a housekeeping supervisor for me, but she says the only thing found in my room was a pair of mens hiking boots. The day after I left.

So, I called United, and spoke with someone on the 1k baggage issues desk, or whatever they call it. She was somewhat sympathetic, and told me it looked like my bag had lost its tags. Or had been offloaded in Chicago and put on the carousel. In any case, I have a feeling that has something to do with the missing jeans.
What's next? Well, UAL has to check with ORD to see if they were "discovered" somewhere in baggage. And if not, I have to come up with some sort of valuation, which they will, of course, cut into half.
But that's not the worse part.
I've still got to find a replacement pair. And you know how hard it is to find jeans that fit well. As my friend Karen put it " great fitting jeans are more valuable than the finest jewels. I feel your pain."

2 Comments:

Blogger Mony said...

poor you

11:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's kind of weird...thinking how they went missing...very pervy.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home