Tuesday, January 27, 2009

i am back....suffereing not just jet lag, but weather something. At 9 last night, I was wearing jeans, flipflops and a tshirt. At 9 tonite, well, dc weather is snow. I'm gearing up for a day full of ice and snow tomorrow. That's right, my perfect timing continues --- I return home to a weather event. UAL was somewhat proactive. I got to NRT (or tokyo for those who haven't memorized all the airport codes) on time, and proceeded to the club. dumped my stuff, got some water, and walked around a bit before going back and checking my email. Then I decided to check the airline site---and saw that I'd been booked on to the nonstop nrt-iad flight (IAD-dulles), as well as my previous nrt-ord (chicago)-IAD. As the nonstop leaves about 90 min earlier than the chicago flight, I figured I should ask the desk agents if I'd been moved. Turned out they wanted "to offer" me the nonstop flight, because they were expecting a delay in chicago. After determining that there was an acceptable seat, and that my bag could also be on the same flight, I took them up on the offer. Which was a good move on my part, as 2 of the 3 possible ord-iad flights have been canceled.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mony said...

Back in time for the big weather event. Yuck.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Mindful said...

Tell all about Singapore when you can. I want to hear!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home